Calling all Artists!
We want your art in the Davis County, 5th Annual Fine Art Exhibit. Please see rules below:
The 2016/17 Davis County Art Exhibit/Competition will begin on September 16, 2016 and run through March 17, 2017. This exhibit will have a juried entry component. All submissions will be juried and a limited number will be accepted for exhibit. This exhibit will include submissions of original paintings, sculptures and other mediums as accommodations within the building allow.
There will be CASH PRIZES as well as some PURCHASE AWARDS. Submittals will be accepted from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm September 8th and 9th, and from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm, Saturday, September 10th . NO SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER SEPTEMBER 10th .
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ARTISTS:
1. There will be a $15.00 non-refundable entry fee for each artwork submitted.
2. Each artist may submit up to three artworks.
3. Artists can be from anywhere and need not be from Davis County.
4. Submitted artworks will be juried on September 12th and results will be emailed.
5. Artworks not accepted may be picked up September 19th through the 23rd.
6. Accepted artworks will be on display September 16, 2016 through March 17, 2017.
7. Prize money will go to First, Second and Third Place winners.
8. Two dimensional fine artworks must have a minimum of 2” gallery wrap or be framed. All two dimensional works must be ready to hang with wire hanging system or “D” rings (please do not submit work with saw tooth or other hanging systems.)
9. Three dimensional pieces will need to be able to stand securely on the floor or a pedestal and not be too fragile for display in public areas.
10. There are no date-created limits, but no artworks previously submitted will be accepted.
11. There will be limits on our ability to hang very large pieces. You are encouraged to keep two dimensional pieces 6’w x 6’h maximum. (Exceptions may be made by prior approval of the Art Committee.)
12. Artists are encouraged to submit pieces that will be available for purchase awards from the County, but not-for- sale pieces will be accepted.
13. You will be asked to specify a minimum price you would accept for a purchase award on the loan form or, if not-for- sale, then a value for insurance purposes.
We sincerely appreciate all those that will be participating in this great event. We have set a standard as one of the premier art events in Utah and we need your help to keep it that way. This event will increase awareness of the importance of art and of you, as an artist, in our community.
We hope to see your submissions!
When: September 8-10, 2016
Where: Davis County Administration Building